· Ezekiel muffin with RX Nut Butter, Banana and Hemp Seeds
· Paleo pancake – 1 ripe banana, 4 GG crackers, 1 egg white, 1 egg, 1 tbsp almond meal, 1 tbsp coconut flour, cinnamon, and a splash of coconut or almond milk – topped with a nut butter or a little maple syrup
· 4 GG Crackers with Kitehill dairy-free cream cheese and smoked salmon
· Perfect Bar if I need a breakfast on-the-go
· 2 Hard boiled eggs & Ezekiel Bread topped with Justin’s PB or Avocado
Lunch is almost always a salad.
· Kale, spinach, shredded chicken, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, shredded parmesan, truffle salt and pepper, olive oil
· Kale, spinach, shredded chicken, quinoa and brown rice (less than ¼ cup), goat cheese, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, truffle salt and pepper, olive oil
· Salad from my local favorite, Sweetgreen
· If I feel like I need something more, I’ll have a baked sweet potato cooked in the microwave for 5 minutes with truffle salt & pepper, plain GG Crackers with hummus or avocado, or honey and raisin GG crackers
· Any of the recipes I post on Instagram or here on my blog. I eat my dinner off a salad plate for portion control and keep my protein to the size of my fist.
· I try to keep grains to a minimum for dinner, but if we do have grains, they are quinoa and brown rice mixed or soba noodles.
My snacks need to have around 10 grams of protein and under 200 calories
· Perfect Bar – I eat half for my morning snack and the remainder for my afternoon snack – I love these because they have all natural ingredients and enough protein to keep me satiated.
· Koia Protein Shakes – one of the few bottled protein shakes that’s dairy-free, under 200 calories and a good amount of protein
· Bulletproof Collagen Protein Shake made at home
· Siggi’s or greek yogurt
· Fruit- I love green apples, plus apples are high in fiber
· Coffee with a nut-milk creamer – I love Califia Farms, otherwise a splash of almond milk works – No Sugar. Since this is one of the most flavorful beverages I drink in a day, I’m pretty committed to my healthy coffee creamer and starting my day with this. So much so that I bring my own creamer when traveling to my parents or in-laws.
· Iced coffee – I’m going to admit right here that I try to keep to the real stuff as much as possible through out the day, EXCEPT I do like the sugar-free vanilla syrup from Starbucks in my afternoon iced coffee. Should I give it up? Yes probably. But if it’s my one thing that’s not so healthy, then I think I’m doing ok.
· Seltzer Waters
· Unsweetened Green or Ice Tea
· Hot Tea – no sugar
· Bark Thins – 3-4 pieces – this is one of my weeknight go-tos
· Pretzel slims from Trader Joes – 5-6 pieces – another weeknight go-to
· Dairy-free Ben & Jerry’s – I’ll fill a stemless wine glass up for portion control, so I’ll eat ¼ to ½ a pint max – but only on the weekends and even then, it’s not every weekend